Lunes, Oktubre 1, 2012

Estheta: "Paete's taka"


Our professor told us that we have to write an essay about those "Taka" (paete paper mache) but because we are eco-friendly, instead of using a paper we create a blog where we will express our thoughts about those paper mache and beacuse it was my first time to write an essay using a blog I was thinking that it will be a little bit difficult for me to express my thoughts but at the same time it was exciting because It was a different experience.

 "Taka" as it is popularly known in Paete, a province in Laguna. Paete derived its name from paet, a Tagalog word for chisel, a principal tool used in woodcarving. The art of taka-making begins with the process by hand carving hardwood sculptures that becomes the takaans or the actual mold where layers upon layers of paper are glued, sundried before the papier-mâché figures are hand-painted. 

According to Quesada:
In Paete we likewise had woodcarvings of figures of animals, carts and men or women. The carvings were molded in paper and paste, dried out in the sun, then the molds were surgically taken out of its cast. The product was then put together again, dried another time and painted brightly to be sold as toys.

I have a great time looking at those sample of paper mache which is brought by our professor. Those paper mache was created with creativity which represents our nationality. It shows how we value our culture, traditions, and beliefs. Looking at them made me smile because it was very beautiful and very artistic that makes me amaze. By looking at those takas it obviously created for the representation of our country, Philippines. But then again sad to say,  I am a filipino citizen but I  think it was my first time to see this Taka paper mache which are created here in the Philippines. That's why I am glad seeing this all for the first time. I don't even know how to create a paper mache but I am so much interested how to create some Taka paper mache for an experience. 


But above them all the "Taka" that really attracts me the most is the "Taka" which is made up of fiber glass, for me it is the most unique one because of its characteristic being not easily determined whether it is a lion or a cat, it was a little bit mysterious because of that and I really like its different color which  makes it more attractive.

References: 

 http://traveleronfoot.wordpress.com/2012/06/27/taka-of-paete/
 http://www.artesdelasfilipinas.com/archives/6/paete-s-taka 





Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento